Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Amazing Story of A Special Kitty: Narla!


On 2/2 our rescue was contacted by CCSPCA High Kill Shelter in Fresno. We were informed about a Siamese/Ragdoll 5 months old in the shelter hospital, and that the kitty may have been injured and could have a possible broken pelvis.

On 2/3 while at CCSPCA shelter visiting the list of kitties that were being signed off to be put down, I was asked, once again, if I wanted to see the Siamese/Ragdoll kitty in the shelter hospital.

When I went to see the kitty in the CCSPCA shelter hospital, I was amazed at how beautiful kitty is. It was around 2pm when I visited this kitty in the hospital, and I was informed the kitty was signed off to be put down at 4:45p, in just a few hours.

I was asked if our rescue wanted to pull this kitty. As I stood there holding this kitty, my heart just broke knowing that if I said No! this kitty would die in a few hours. As I was holding her she was looking up at me with those beautiful blue eyes, and I was thinking to myself how could I not save this kitty's life. Unsure at the time of the injuries this kitty was dealing with, I agreed that our rescue would pull this kitty, and I walked out of the shelter hospital with her in my arms.

Later that day I got a text from the shelter asking me questions regarding this kitty. I was asked to take photos of her face and her back colors of her fur. I was later informed that there was a lady had been at the shelter. Looking for her Siamese kitty that animal control had picked up on Friday 1/30

On 2/4 I was sent a text with the woman's information, and to contact her if I wanted to make sure this wasn’t her kitty. The shelter didn’t think this was her kitty, but I could follow up on contacting her.

On 2/4 I made contact with Judith regarding the kitty. After talking with Judith I felt in my heart that every thing she was telling me about the kitty, now knowing the name was Narla, was matching up with the kitty I had rescued.

Judith was telling me that she had been at the shelter twice a day every since the kitty was picked up by animal control on 1/30. The circumstances relayed to her, was that animal control was called out to pick up the kitty, and that someone thought the kitty had gotten into some rat poison a neighbor had.

Judith went on to tell me that her kitty was about a year old not 5 months like the shelter paper work stated. That she was very small in size and looked like she was a kitten, but she wasn’t. She found Narla after neighbors moved out leaving her about a year ago.

I explained that our rescue vet didn’t find any signs of her having a broken pelvis. I agreed for Judith to meet the kitty I had pulled from the shelter, to be sure if this kitty was the kitty she has been searching for.

I met with Judith at 2:30p for her to see the kitty that I had in a carrier. Judith walked up the carrier and called out her name Narla!

OMG! Narla came to the front of the carrier and was trying to reach out of the carrier with her paws to Judith. It was so clear in the reaction of Narla and Judith that this was her missing kitty. Judith broke down crying and saying, "OMG that is my Narla."

When Judith open the carrier Narla couldn’t get into her arms fast enough. It made me cry as well, to see the bond between Narla and Judith!

Judith told me that the shelter told her that Narla was to be put down that day she was rescued, and that Judith wouldn’t have been there in time to save her, because the kitty would of already been put down at 4:45 pm and Judith was at the shelter at 5pm.

Judith couldn’t thank our rescue enough for saving her babies life! We love to see happy endings like the story of Narla! This why I love rescue so much! Narla had many angels watching over her. Now Narla is at home with her family that loves her very much. Narla is now microchipped as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment